1. Exercises authority and responsibility for administrative decisions and appropriate notification of the Administrator On Call.
o Keeps Administrator On Call informed regarding circumstances or situation which have or may have serious impact.
o Reports all accidents, near accidents, injuries, work-related illnesses, special occurrences and other emergencies that unit employees are involved in immediately to the Administrator-On-Call.
2. In the absence of regular nursing and unit leadership, is responsible for the coordination of patient care in the facility.
3. Visits all patient care units to ascertain condition of patients, evaluate staffing needs, provides support to caregivers and ensure the provision of high quality patient care.
4. Administers the effective distribution and utilization of personnel employed during the respective shift and oncoming shift:
o Assists in securing regular and supplementary staff
o Receives oncoming sick calls
5. Coordinates and evaluates services rendered by and to all service areas during the respective shift on an on
o Serves as a resource to department staff, residents, and physicians
o Ensures bed availability in cooperation with Admitting
o Procures additional equipment as needed, both internally and externally
6. Is a resource for and demonstrates leadership in the collaboration across departmental lines to resolve inter- and intra-department issues which could interrupt delivery of patient care.
7. Plans, organizes, and oversees staff to provide patient care; evaluates care and ensures customer satisfaction; oversees the department’s daily staffing requirement; orients new Administrative Coordinators to their job responsibilities; provides leadership in clinical problem solving.
8. Ensures department activities and records are in adherence with established Hospital policies.
9. Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures using nursing standards and regulations.
10. Interacts with the medical staff and other leaders of the organization, building relationships and establishing trust and rapport, to plan and deliver quality patient care.
11. Supports current organizational and nursing initiatives and exhibits creativity and flexibility in times of change.
12. Carries out Hospital policies, procedures and standards. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and JCAHO standards. Uses good judgment in ensuring adherence to established Hospital procedures and policies.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...