Main Purpose of JobThis position supervises a unit of five or more staff providing clinical consultation, training, evaluation and support of child welfare and adult services. This position develops and executes plan which ensures the implementation of the goals and objectives set for the assigned program and the overall mission of the agency.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSApplicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying. Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers. Experience: Three years of experience providing child welfare or adult services to vulnerable children, individuals or families. Notes: 1. These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in the Health Occupations Article, Section 19-302 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents. 2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Must possess a LCSW-C (Licensed Certified Social Worker-Clinical).
2. Experience in organizing and managing projects.
3. Experience with performance measures and developing best practices.
4. Experience working in a child welfare agency.
5. Ability to work non-traditional work hours.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTIONMust be willing to work in Baltimore City.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Certified Social Worker or Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners for a period of time specified by the Board prior to appointment to Social Work Supervisor positions in State service per Code of Maryland Regulations 10.42.08.04(2) (b), effective July 1, 2004.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees who have not already done so must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test before being granted permanent employment status.
2. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Resources. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number where they can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
EXAMINATION PROCESSThe examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
FURTHER INSTRUCTIONSThe online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-8844. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...