Software Engineer III
Compensation: $112,190.00 - $178,460.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
We are seeking a Mid-Level Software Engineer to support our customer in the Fort Meade / Annapolis Junction, MD area. For more than 30 years, we ve partnered with customers to advance critical missions across the globe - providing innovative, reliable solutions for Intelligence, defense, and federal civilian agencies.
What you ll do
The candidate will provide software design, development, test and production support for Customer s critical Programs. The Software Engineer will develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems; review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements; document test results and resolve software problem reportsThe Software Engineer will provide input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
You d be a great fit if
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 7 years of software engineering development experience with the Federal Government in programs of similar scope, type and complexity is required
- Four years of additional software development experience may be substituted for degree
- Programming experience using Spring, SQL, JS/EXT JS, Tomcat
- Git - source code control
It d be even better if you
- JOOQ (Java Object Oriented Querying), PostgresSQL, Angular, Docker
- DevOps Lifecycle, Ember. JS, Docker, Rancher, SA Experience, Jenkins
- Docker, Rancher, Openshift, Kuberneters, Ansible, Kafka Admin and ElasticSearch
- Scripting experience with languages such as Python, VBScript, Unix Shell or Perl
- Knowledge of web technologies
- Maven - for dependency management/builds/testing
- Relational database knowledge (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Networking skills - connecting apps/components together, troubleshooting, etc.
What you ll get
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance and to maintain the clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: .net, backend, back end, c c++, java, php, python, sde, software developer, software development engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...