Regional Field Service Manager
Compensation: $119,950.00 - $161,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Territory covers MI, OH, WV, VA, KY, MD
The Regional Field Service Manager role provides leadership, performance management, coaching, and mentoring of the Field Service Team. Working with the Director of Service, Regional Sales Managers, Application Managers, Dispatch Team and other Field Regional Service Managers, he/she will manage a high-performance team that provides best in class technical service support for Leica Biosystems’ customers. He/She will support the achievement of the Americas Sales Unit’s annual service and margin objectives while ensuring an optimized customer experience that not only meets our customer needs, but exceeds their expectations.
Oversees service, repair and/or installation of products or IT solutions for LBS customers, including electrical and mechanical testing, in accordance with maintenance contracts. Diagnoses system failures and determines most cost-effective solution. Escalates complex issues to greater level of technical support or quality reporting system. Create estimates and/or develop new customer service/product agreements. Responds to customer support calls within an assigned territory.
- Work collaboratively with regional sales and applications manager counterparts to support sales opportunities/growth and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Manage and prioritize customer escalations to ensure customer satisfaction and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Travel with Field Service teams, providing individual coaching and professional development to each member of the team.
- Conduct mid-year and annual performance evaluations as well as regular development plan reviews for each Field Service team member.
- Recruit, develop, mentor and end ensure proper training of Field Service teams with clearly communicated technical and overall performance standards.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of Service Meetings. Attend and participate in quarterly and/or Area Sales Meetings as requested.
- Actively pursue customer feedback and conduct formal quality audits of assigned territory to ensure customer satisfaction and consistent high-quality service support.
- Maintain intimate knowledge of contractual obligations of Leica to Customers, Dealers and Authorized Third Party service organizations within the assigned area in order to properly respond and fulfill the obligations of the agreements.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, annual service revenue goals including strategic product mix service goals for the assigned territory.
- Recommend purchases and or allocations of spare parts inventory, supplies, etc. for the assigned area and maintain/reconcile these items to meet or exceed contractual commitments and customer expectations.
- Manage the submission of administrative responsibilities for direct reports and self to provide and accurate/timely report of revenue, expenses and issues in the assigned area.
- Participate in national and local trade shows, interacting with customers and promoting Leica’s Service offerings.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to instill confidence within current and prospective customers of Leica products.
- Participate in the building of the FSE incentive plans
Required Education, Experience, Skills
Education: High school diploma required
- Minimum of 3 years of service industry experience with Associates degree (or equivalent).
- Prior field service management experience required.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of field service management experience
- 70% - 90%
- Frequent overnight travel, often with short notice. Occasional international travel may be required.
- Must Possess a valid Driver’s license and meet fleet eligibility requirements
- Time management and productivity efficiency with service call management and handling
- Professional with strong technical acumen – analytical with the ability to understand complex system operation and troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills - uncovering root cause of customer frustration and understanding customer needs
- The position has a high-impact contribution to the company’s success by providing industry leading service to our customer base
- Performance Management – coach, mentor,develop
- Product and associated laboratory process knowledge
- Building and nurturing internal and external customer relationships
- Visual daily management
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...